Old October 6th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Mike Cordelli

Default What is Condition of Rhine River re Rhine River Cruises (low water)?

Check with your cruise line, for example, Uniworld has the following posted
on their website. It all depends on the specific trip as to which bridges
and rivers they can get by.

:

Europe River Cruises Water Level Update

Los Angeles, CA (September 25, 2003)

Dear Traveler:

Due to the ongoing, unusual drought in Europe, water levels on some rivers
are below normal. However, Uniworld's Europe River Cruises are currently
operating, with some itineraries being adjusted. Uniworld will keep
monitoring the situation, and will take appropriate action to continuously
ensure safe passage of all Uniworld travelers.

"john chapman" wrote in message
om...
In mid October (2 weeks from now) I am supposed to take a Rhine River
cruise from the Netherlands to Switzerland. I am getting many stories
about low river (lowest in over 100 years), and even cruise boats not
being able to go from the southern Rhine to north of Mainz. Can
anyone give me the actual situation re river cruise boats along the
Rhine. For example, are parts of the river actually closed to river
cruise ships, and if so which parts? Part of the trip was also to be
a short excursion down the Mosel as well. I am thinking of cancelling
this trip. Thanks in advance for any up-to-date information.