Old October 6th, 2003, 10:47 PM
jcoulter

Default What is Condition of Rhine River re Rhine River Cruises (low water)?

"Mike Cordelli" wrote in
. com:

Check with your cruise line, for example, Uniworld has the following
posted on their website. It all depends on the specific trip as to
which bridges and rivers they can get by.

:

Europe River Cruises Water Level Update

Los Angeles, CA (September 25, 2003)

Dear Traveler:

Due to the ongoing, unusual drought in Europe, water levels on some
rivers are below normal. However, Uniworld's Europe River Cruises are
currently operating, with some itineraries being adjusted. Uniworld
will keep monitoring the situation, and will take appropriate action
to continuously ensure safe passage of all Uniworld travelers.

"john chapman" wrote in message
om...
In mid October (2 weeks from now) I am supposed to take a Rhine River
cruise from the Netherlands to Switzerland. I am getting many
stories about low river (lowest in over 100 years), and even cruise
boats not being able to go from the southern Rhine to north of Mainz.
Can anyone give me the actual situation re river cruise boats along
the Rhine. For example, are parts of the river actually closed to
river cruise ships, and if so which parts? Part of the trip was also
to be a short excursion down the Mosel as well. I am thinking of
cancelling this trip. Thanks in advance for any up-to-date
information.

adjusted means bus rides for all pax.