Old August 26th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Bill Pittman

In article ,
"Frank F. Matthews" wrote:

jchase wrote:

JLamm wrote:

Thanks very much for those with advice. Most hotels were full. We
picked the
Hyatt.

Cleveland's a great city, which is something a lot of folks who actually
travel there have figured out. That's why all the hotels are full.

Cleveland jokes were last big when Johnny Carson was on every night.

...and the river only caught fire once (it was actually a fairly
localized oil slick from an accidental release). I still wouldn't swim
in the lower Cuyahoga, but I wouldn't swim in the lower Hudson either.

As I remember the impressive thing wasn't the river catching fire but
that it managed to burn a bridge over the river when it did. But hey
that was only the flats in the old days.

It was still more interesting when the mayor's hair caught fire! That
was Ralph Perk, one of the dumber people ever to be mayor of a (sort of)
major city.

--
Bill Pittman; change for e-mail as indicated