Old July 28th, 2008, 02:10 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Wildpicture[_2_]

Default Malaria in Zambia

PA wrote:
my mother in law (lives in zambia) sent me some malaria medication
MALASONE (DAPSONE-PYRIMETHAMINE) but the doctor in Portugal (after
going through the international health books) advice me Mephaquin (or
alternatively Malarone - not malasone - or Cloroquine.
Any ideas which one will be the most effective?

Malaria is not something to take lightly. Please check with a
knowledgeable doctor (not your local general physician) or institute for
tropical medicine. There should be something like that in Portugal
because of the former colonies.

I don't think there will be any knowledgeable doctors on this forum, so
please don't take any specific advice just from fellow travelers.

Regards,
Hans