Old February 4th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Kris

Default Bangkok or Hongkong

Sure Suk is interesting and nice and all that, but it sure doesn't
compare to HK. Original poster indicated he's interested to see the
Royal Palace. Getting there from Suk, in ideal circumstances that time
of day would take at least an hour and a half, even in a taxi,
possibly more. Given the choice between Sukhumvit plus (with the
Skytrain) Pratunam and Hong Kong, HK is the logical choice.

Mind you, I dearly love BKK and quite happily spend months on end
there, I'm just giving advice given original poster's available time.

Kris

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:13:49 +0700, "Sandy Cruden"
wrote:

"Kris" wrote in message
.. .
...and also the convenience too, HK after all is a little easier to
get around than BKK (wouldn't want to be dumped in the center of BKK
on my first-time visit for six hours and HAVE to get back to the
airport in time)

Kris

Yes Kris, but the BKK Sukhumvit Rd option would be no problem, the key to it
being it is very close to the freeway and tollway to the airport. That part
of town is very interesting for a first time visitor.