Old April 23rd, 2004, 10:26 AM
George W. Russell

Default Left overs

Raffi Balmanoukian a wrote in message news:BCADEC6C.230AD%walkabout@TAKEOUTTHETRASHTORE PLY.ns.sympatico.ca...

If I have any intention of going back to a place (like Australia), I simply
keep it - very useful for layovers and also in case the ATMs on arrival are
down. Gets me into town via shuttle, etc. if necessary. Much better than
taking a bath on the exchange.

I try to save a representative banknote and coin of each country I
visit. Never had a problem getting rid of excess at places like
airports. In Vietnam, where the currency is nonconvertible, I happily
take departing visitors' leftover VND off their any hands in exchange
for any excess THB, HKD or SGD I might have accumulated, depending on
their next destination.

George W. Russell
Hanoi