Old August 21st, 2009, 12:36 AM posted to nyc.general,nyc.transit,rec.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Michael Finfer

Default Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel to NYC

ARL wrote:
We are mature couple from San Francisco.
We are taking our vacation in New York City on October 26 to Nov 1.
Please recommend 3 star hotel that is near the subway stations in Queens
or Brooklyn or NJ that is reasonably priced?

We are considering to stay at the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel in
Weehawken, NJ on the Hudson.
But there is no MTA subway to that area, correct?
Everyday, we have to take the Waterway Ferry from the Lincoln Harbor
terminal to West 39th Street Midtown at $7.75 per person? How can we get
from this 39th Street Ferry Terminal to the MTA subway?

Thank you for your help.

There's a Hilton at Gateway Center in Newark, NJ, attached to Newark
Penn Station. It's a short train ride on NJ Transit to NY Penn Station
and to the World Trade Center station on PATH. It's also a short train
and monorail ride from Newark Airport.

There is a ferry that operates from Weehawken to Manhattan, and a light
rail line that will take you from Weehawken to Hoboken where you can
transfer to PATH. From the Manhattan ferry terminal, you can either
walk to 8th Avenue to the subway (about 4 long blocks) or take the 34 St
or 42nd St crosstown bus. Newark is probably a better location if you
intend to commute.

Many hotels in Manhattan are close to mass transit, but I'll bet they'll
be much more expensive. I'm getting a rate of $196.71 at the Gateway
Center Hilton for those dates.

Michael Finfer
Bridgewater, NJ