Old April 22nd, 2010, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
blackbat

Default New York advice

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:58:42 -0400, Brian
wrote:

Perhaps. On Friday afternoons it can be very very slow. I've spent an
hour going between Stamford and Fairfield.

Would Mystic be a good place to base ourselves for a week and take day
trips out?

I wouldn't think that there would be enough around for a week of day
trips.

Shame.

Have you thought of going to Maine or other areas in northern New
England?

I have but I'll be driving from NYC so don't wan't to go too far.
Is it feasible to drive from NYC to Maine by car with a family?
Wherever we drive, we'll have to return by car.
Have you got any recommendations in particular for Maine?

Any areas good for a swim? I guess the water's gonna be cold though.

There are a number of beaches in CT along Long Island Sound which can
be fairly warm in the summer. It's a relatively small body of water so
it will warm up more than the Atlantic.

OK. Do 'normal' people swim in these conditions or just hardcore
nutters?
--

blackbat /\x/\