Old August 24th, 2011, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
David Hatunen

Default Routing from Niagara Falls to Detroit thru Canada

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:38:59 -0500, Mark Brader wrote:

Driving from Chicago to Niagara Falls; then from Niagara Falls to
Detroit via Canada Labor Day weekend.

Can someone suggest driving directions within Canada ?

405 - 403 - 401. Isn't it obvious?

Sheesh. Highway 405 does not connect to 403 and does not start in
Niagara Falls. Isn't *that* obvious?

The actual route this person is presumably thinking of, starting from
near the Rainbow Bridge, is 420 west - QEW Toronto - 403 west - 401
west. (You would take 405 instead of 420 if you were starting from the
Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, north of Niagara Falls.)

Why would someone who says he is driving from Chicago to Niagara Falls go
through Toronto?

To me the obvious route is through Detroit and the Windsor Bridge or
Tunnel and then 401 and 403 to Hamilton and over to the QEW to Niagara.

I gotta ask: Have they fenced in the Welland Locks? Last time I was there
one could actually sit on the edge of a lock dangling your feet over the
side.

--
Dave Hatunen: Free Baja Arizona