Old April 26th, 2006, 10:41 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Honeymoon - Best Destination - July ???

In message , Liz
writes
In message . com
wrote:

Thanks again for all the information.

Based on all of your feedback our current plan is to price out a trip
which will include:

1. An eight day safari which includes 1 night in Nairobi followed by 6
nights on safari. One package which interests us includes three nights
at Elsa's Kopje and three nights at Cottar's 1920 camp. The two three
night stays are based on recommendations received above. Any thoughts
on those two locations?

Elsa's Kopje looks to be *very* romantic, in fact they were offering
weddings there a while back (becoming more common in various lodges,
even the 'mainstream' Ol Tukai). I really fancied going there for our
25th last year, but again couldn't persuade D. to go anywhere (so we
spent our SW several thousand miles apart!) I wonder how much game
there is in that area, though, or how habituated it is? The last I
heard was that it's fantastic for scenery, not so good for close-up
animals.
Does anyone have recent experience?

2. 3 nights in Zanzibar. Here we are thinking about staying at the
Palms or an equivalent hotel. The Palms is expensive but should be a
nice treat to cap off our honeymoon.

:-)

Safari njema!

Liz

Liz,
A. told me if I went to Elsa`s Kopje, which I understand is open to the
elements ( rooms), I`d be bitten by mozzies and worried about snakes
getting in! It really does look idyllic though!
Sorry you had to be apart for your SW, you will have to persuade D. to
go away with you this time.
Pat
--
Pat Anderson