Old March 3rd, 2006, 06:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default East or West Coast?

On 2 Mar 2006 12:56:51 -0800, wrote:

Hi All

First time poster. I've just stumbled across this group and am looking
for advice. I live in England and have visited many cities in America,
absolutely love the country. I have plans to go back this September but
this time I will be taking my mum and 19year old cousin.

I am looking for suggestions on where we should visit. It is going to
either be New York, Washington and down the East Coast as far as South
Caroline. Alternatively I was thinking California, Vegas and the Grand
Canyon.

How long is your trip?

My mum has been to New York once but it rained constantly for the 6
days she was there

That's always a possibility, but never a likelihood.

and I was so full of flu

Very sorry. But you can get flu anywhere, too. In all seriousness, I
advise a flu shot.

it took all my strength
just to walk around so she missed out on seeing some of the areas
around the city. My mum can't decide where to go as she says there is
so much to see. The one thing she always says to me is she wants to see
real America.

That's a loaded term, as you're seeing.

I think what she means is a town with a real community, a
town with maybe a small shopping area with a few places to eat.

[snip]

In other words, not an area centered on shopping malls, right? I think
I foresee a drive up U.S. Route 1 through New England for you. But
really, there are many places you could go.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the NOTRASH. Please do not email me something which you also posted.