Old April 8th, 2009, 07:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tamzen Cannoy[_2_]

Default London Theatre - Proper Dress

In article
,
Tom wrote:

My wife and I will be in London in June for a week long getaway. We
are thinking of attending The Phantom of the Opera while there. She
would like to know what would be the appropriate dress for a tourist
at the show. Also, would slacks, shirt and coat be appropriate for
me? Thanks in advance!

Anything. From shorts and flip flops to suits. I think decent and casual
is the mode these days. No one wears evening gowns and tiaras. I dress
decent but I never dress up. Business casual is about as fancy as it
gets.