Old November 3rd, 2006, 04:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Default First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

Ed wrote:

Personally, we prefer the Celebrity cruises.... as far as the ships go.
On the other hand, we have taken a Celebrity cruise similar to the route
in your number 3 example, and having done that, I tend to think that the
stops on your number 2 example look more interesting.

If I were picking by ports, which I do, I'd prefer the Radiance of the
Seas itinerary. I don't know anything about the ships.

El Moro (fort and lighthouse) make San Juan the most dramatic
entrance of any harbor in the Caribbean There were people at the end
of the dock offering a city tour for $10 (way cheaper than the boat
tour). There is another fort (San Cristobal) to visit in addition to
El Moro, or you can take a ferry over to the Bacardi factory.

Charlotte Amalie - there are several places to go to the beach for
snorkeling (Coki Beach which is next to Coral World, or over to St.
John), and that is where a lot of people go shopping. St. John is
mostly National Park, and there are a lot of hiking trails.

St. Martin has a very nice zoo type of place, and also Orient Beach is
clothing optional.

Cozumel and Roatan are mostly known (by me anyway) as places to scuba
dive.