Old May 17th, 2006, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Saudi Arabia opens its doors to tourists

On 17 May 2006 17:11:28 +0100, Des Small
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:21:22 +0100, The Reid
wrote:

its not just you. I suppose it doesn't really dawn on them how
crap the restrictions on women seems to westerners. There
probably aren't any women, gays or alcoholics in their focus
groups :-)

I read a story a few years back about a British guy that got 7 years
in jail there for bringing in some chocolate liqueurs. And some of
us were thinking Singapore was a **** location!

Time Yoorp did an article on "How to survive Port Moresby":
http://www.time.com/time/europe/tga/article/0,13005,901031208-552095,00.html,
and the Economiste used to do regular Top 10 ******** features, but
they're not mostly useful for calibrating holidays in sane places.

I spent almost a year in Pt Moresby when I was a kid, and absolutely
hated the place. For some reason, my dad is still living there, and I
have no idea why. Aside from what that article mentions, there's also
corruption at every level, oppressive heat and humidity, and locals
that spend their time finding ways to get your money. Maybe it's
organised crime, but you're unlikely to notice the distinction. When I
rode around on a bicycle, the other kids were trying to throw stuff in
the spokes to stop me, but never managed to. We were fortunate enough
to have a house with high walls endowed with broken glass, and a
guard.

Like Greg said, I'd rather be in Albania.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com