Old July 15th, 2006, 06:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
Jim Ley

Default Chirac warns of 'African flood'

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:21:48 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Jim Ley writes:

No it wouldn't, killing all pensioners would lead to a knowledge
deficit, and lack of cheap support for workers. Killing a large
proportion of the middle aged, would lead to no-one to do the work to
keep everyone else alive, and killing all the children (or stopping
more children being born) would do nothing to provide for those middle
group of people when they grew old.

Nobody said anything about killing anyone, except you.

nope, I looked at ways to reduce population, there's either killing
poeple, or not having any more born, the not having any more born was
covered too, it's just as a naiive solution as you normally come up
with. not having new children born does nothing but make matters
worse for those who are still alive.

Of course, every human society we've seen has smaller birthrates as
they get richer, and that is natural, because you can invest more in
the individual child, so decreasing poverty is likely going to do a
lot more than your simplistic advice which does nothing but harms
individuals. Are you a communist perhaps? Not let people have any
children for the "greater good" ?

Jim.