Old October 12th, 2007, 06:51 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
[email protected]

Default Have you been to Dominica?

On Oct 11, 7:36 pm, Brian K wrote:
Where did you travel from? What was your air? Was your stay recent?
What feature did you like best about this island? Is there anything you
would not recommend to fellow travelers, why?

No, I'm not writing a book. I just thought I'd post this to help jump
start this group.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

I traveled from MIA. Airfare on AA was $319 RT to Antigua. Another
$200 on LIAT to Canefield.

I stayed at the Evergreen in Castle Comfort, Floral Gardens at Concord
Bay, Picard Cottages at Douglas Bay.

Best things: Scenery. If you like the jungle, Dominica is right for
you. Parrots, butterflies, big snakes (pythons). Also good waterfalls
(Trafalgar). The Boiling Lake may or may not be. Ask ahead of time.

If you like the sea, go down to champagne or further south to Scott's
Head. Great snorkeling. Plus you get the Singing Stones. Good swimming
in the Layou River. There is no snail disease here (bilharzia).

I really liked the people. Very friendly and accommodating. Food:
stick with fresh snapper, grouper, tuna, whatever. At least there are
no Burger Kings here (yet).

If you'd like to take a boat ride up the Indian River, ask for Gregory
Augustine. He is most facile. Speaks six languages.