Old May 4th, 2014, 12:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default buses from Venice Marcopolo Airport

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
I would like to get from Venice airport to Ariano del Polesine
(a small town south of Venice)

Ariano (province of Rovigo) looks located near Adria, east of Rovigo.
There is a Trenitalia railway line from Rovigo to Adria and Chioggia,
and there is a private railway line from Venice to Adria.

I wound up going there by a different route (getting a lift from
Bologna), but used the Adria-Venice train going back. I didn't
remember it was private.

I don't think it's "private" as such

It will be local authority contracted rather than nationally contracted.

We have exactly the same thing here in Germany

tim