Old September 30th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Foucart-Dever

Default Switzerland

"Rob" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello all -

I'm planning on taking my family of 4 (2 teenagers 14 and 15) to
Europe next June. Here's the itinerary so far: (2 weeks total time)

Paris
Switzerland
Munich
Romantische Strasse
Brussels

So the questions:

1) Where in Switzerland? We want a hiking the Alps experience.

I already answered this part in my post on the group, but I would really
consider stopping in Samoëns. You are at 50km from Geneva. If you hike, you
can cross the swiss border on your first day of hike. You are next to the
GR5 (from Leman lake to Mont-Blanc), Tour du Mont-Blanc, Tour des Dents
Blanches, etc... The village itself is the only montain resort in France to
be protected as an historical monument.
I reckon I am a little bit subjective G, being a fan of the place!

2) Where to end the Romantische Strasse experience - we'll rent
a car in Munich and want to drop it somewhere (Kolenz, Bonn,
Frankfurt ???) before taking a train to Brussels.

Also if you're still with me... :-) :

1) Do I need a hotel reservation end of June in Paris, Munich,
Brussels etc. or can I "wing it" ???

Living in Brussels, I fear that end of june needs probably reservation if
you go for a "business" category hotel (it is still fairly busy at that
time), while you may find decent tourist accomodation at the tourist office.
Beware though that there are not too many "middle class" hotels in Brussels.
You can try the site
www.hotels.be

???

Thanks SO MUCH for any help!!!

You're welcome !

Rob

--
* /^\ Dominique Foucart
* /\ / \ * Photos et randos en Haute-Savoie
/ / \ V°o www.samoens.int.ms