Old January 31st, 2005, 03:07 AM
Chris Blunt

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:02:59 -0600, (Miguel Cruz)
wrote:

Who Goes There wgt@nowhere wrote:
The reason I'm taking cheques and not using my debit card in ATMs is because
my bank charge me a 2.75% overseas transaction charge plus 2% (minimum £2)
for cash advance. I think it's a bit cheeky but that's their rules.

Why would you continue to leave your money at such a bank? You are rewarding
them for their punitive behavior.

Its been mentioned here many time before, but for anyone traveling
from the UK, a Nationwide ATM or credit card is the only way to go.
There's no charge for using their ATM abroad, and an exchange rate as
close to the interbank rate as you'll get anywhere. The same exchange
rates apply to using their credit card, so use that for purchasing
items or paying hotel bills.

Chris