Old November 30th, 2012, 09:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Enough, already!!!!!!!

m...

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"tim....." wrote in message
m...

Bill wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 14:38:25 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
Whereas many of us go to Milan and Vienna and Paris for the opera and
classical music.
Are you prepared to define 'many' in terms of the overall population
of the USA?
No. (I was referring only to those of us who travel abroad.)
so you are saying that "many of the USAans who travel abroad do it
because they are Opera fans"?

I find that hard to believe.

tim

No, Tim, I have visited Europe eleven times and it was not because I was
an opera fan, although I did attend one in Vienna. It was to visit
friends and different sites. My parents were both born in Poland so we
have been there three times. This November, I will visit Portugal and
Spain. More Americans have passports than you might think...we have
seven members in my family alone who have one and I often travel with a
group of friends who all have passports.

--Jean

For once you and I agree, Jean! I never meant to imply that ALL Americans
were opera fans, simply that those of us who are find it a good reason for
travel to Europe. (Not all of us are so insular that we don't want to
experience other cultures, and travel to other countries seems the best
way to do that, don't you agree?)

LOL! Evelyn, yes, we do agree on that issue! ;-)
It is necessary to own a passport to travel anywhere anymore, especially
outside of the continental USA. I belong to several travel and cruise groups
and we are always on the go!

--Jean