Old May 4th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Brian Wickham

Default "Canada" The Deserters Choice

On Mon, 03 May 2004 07:13:11 GMT, "alohacyberian"
wrote:

"Shawn Hearn" wrote in message

Really? Look at the federal budget that was passed the day after Bush
invaded Iraq.

Fiscal policy in the United States is set by Congress and only Congress can
approve the spending or cutting of spending in the federal government. The
American president lacks such authority, which admittedly robs the
president-bashers of a lot of hysterical hyperbole. If you'd like to
influence or do something about federal spending or lack of it, you need to
contact Congress. KM

Right! Let's boot out all these spendthrift Republicans! It's the
Democrats and just a few conservative Republicans who are clamoring
for a balanced budget. Clinton undid the Reagan deficit mess when he
agreed with the Republicans and now Dick Cheney says, "Reagan proved
that deficits don't matter." The utter gall of this man! What he
really means is "If Democrats want it then we don't, but we reserve
the right to change our position if they do."