Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,rec.travel.misc
R. Mark Clayton

Default OT Broadband Free Wi-Fi in Benidorm

"Pete Zahut" wrote in message
David wrote:
Further to my previous posting I have now found out that the Hotel
Melia, Benidorm will charge me 12 euro 24 hours. ie about £10 !
For a week looks like £70.
Anyone stayed at one of the Melia/Sol group hotels and can confirm
this is the normal level they charge?
Is it possible I miss understood it being a daily charge, and it is
for 24 hours total use spread over a few days or week?

I have got from Google that the local Council provides free wi-fi in
Elche Park, Plaza Triangular, Town Hall Square and the Plaza Neptuno,
not found out their locations yet but believe they are in the areas
of local people rather than the hotel areas for visitors. I would
expect bars and resturauts might well provide Wi-Fi free for the
price of a drink or meal or maybe MacDonalds but as I'm on all
inclusive at the hotel won't be doing much of that outside.
Many thanks
David

I don't know why you're surprised at a charge of 10 quid for 24 hours.
Here in the UK, Jury's Inn Hotels, Ibis and Holiday Inn amongst a lot of
others, all charge 10 quid per 24 hours - and just to confirm, it is a 24
hour period. The clock starts ticking as soon as you make the initial
connection and expires 24 hours later.

Enjoy the holiday and forget the internet!!!! :-)

Maybe he just want to keep up with the cricket...

Just as in the UK there will be plenty of places with free w-fi if you buy a
coffee or a beer.