Old October 29th, 2008, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Newsgroups[_2_]

Default Driving between Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock)

"Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
Dick Adams wrote:
Frank Slootweg wrote:
Henry wrote:
Qanset wrote:

Or better still I will drive in the middle of summer,
to avoid the ice and snow.

Erm ... don't forget that Oz is in the Southern Hemisphere,
where the seasons are reversed. There, the ice and snow
come in the summer.

Not only that, but because *everything* is reversed, the road
is on *top* of the ice and snow. *Very* dangerous! BTW, did I
mention the water, floods, lightning, storms, ghosts,
Fosters-drinkers, etc.?

How absurd! Do Aussies really drink Fosters? I thought
Fosters was only sold in the States where there a some
people willing to drink corn-flavored swill.

Did I say anything about *Aussies*? I said "Fosters-drinkers". That's
anyone *but* Aussies! They just make it and sell it to the furinners,
*literally* taking them for a ****. I.e. the same thing we - the Dutch -
do with Heineken.

Many years ago I worked with a bunch of guys who, as far as beer went, only
drunk Fosters. At the time there were a mixture of steel and ally cans, but
they would only drink it if they were in the steel cans. If the supply of
them ended and they were offered the ally cans they would immediately switch
to spirits. They reckoned that they could tell the difference in taste. Due
to the risk of physical danger I refrained from the obvious question, if
they were so lacking in taste buds that their drink of choice was Fosters,
how the hell could they know the difference.

PhilD