Old August 28th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
In article 36, Mister
Max says...

Alfred, there have been many, many posts about hotels near the airport,
and
many different recommendations. Only the Amari is directly connected to
the airport, by a bridge over the highway, but it's not in the transit
area. It's expensive and not wonderful.

Thanks. Actually I just want to avoid immigrating into Thailand for one
night, because at the departure there will be a 500 Baht departure tax.
Since we are three (BTW, do babies pay?) this amounts to a total of 1500
Baht, which would be nice to avoid. If you instead don't leave the
transit zone, you don't have to pay the departure tax.

It seems that children under two years of age are exempt from the fee. Lucky
you.