Old December 16th, 2007, 12:38 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Liz Leyden

Default Kenya - recommended tour operators?

In message
ps.com
Paul Altmann wrote:

Hello!

Are there any Kenya based tour operators you would recommend from
fresh experience - or, on the contrary, others that you would avoid?

Besides, I can't seem to remember correctly the name of a big one (?),
probably UK based (?), that was in the market some 10 years ago, which
was called Guerna or Guerica or the like. Somebody here knows the
correct name?

The company you're thinking of is probably Guerba.
It's generally an overlanding company, though I believe they also do
some lodge/tented camp based safaris. I believe they have a good
reputation in the overlanding business and know a couple who did one
of their lodge safaris withou problems, that was several years ago.

Maybe you should clarify whether you're interested in overlanding or
lodge safaris, and whether you want to join a group or go
independently.

Slainte

Liz

--