Old January 11th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Ken Wheatley

Default Favorite foods

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:02:06 -0000, "Darkginger"
wrote:

I feel the same about visiting France - the fruits de mer platter that I ate
in Fécamp was superb. Would the 'bulot' and the 'bigorneau' be whelks and
winkles, by any chance? (Winkles being small, whelks being much bigger). I
have a friend who makes a living as a winkle picker locally (Ireland) and
all his winkles are exported to France, as are local sea urchins.
Additionally, I have to have some really ripe Camembert when visiting
France, and a dish of snails in garlic butter, too. Clichés, perhaps, but
very good! Not particularly impressed with frogs' legs! A cheap, rough
French red wine, drunk with fresh bread and a gloopy, smelly cheese whilst
sitting somewhere outdoors can't be beaten!

Yes, bulots and bigorneaux are whelks (aka elephants bogeys) amd
winkles.

And I agree. My very favoutite meal of all, especially with a good
Chablis.