Old January 11th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Charles Hawtrey

Default Favorite foods

"Donna Evleth" with the help of 999 monkeys
eventually managed to type:

As a tourist in European countries, how many of you have favorite things to
eat while there? I know I do. Here are some of my own very favorites, and
I would like to hear about other people's. Especially since my repertoire
of countries is a bit limited.

My tastes run to the pedestrian, but here goes anyway.

England: plain-chocolate HobNobs, Fuller's ESB and/or London Pride,
fish and chips (yeah, I know...), sag aloo, tandoori chicken, the
desserts from Patisserie Valerie.

France: steak frites, pizza (don't laugh; I'm referring specifically
to Nice, which has pizza different from any other place I've been).

Denmark: my favorite country for breakfast, with pickled herring and
those soft cheeses on crisp crackers.

--
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to
get its pants on, but what was the truth doing with no pants on in the