Old November 19th, 2004, 12:48 AM
JS Dude

"Mike H" wrote in message
My $.02 (USD) worth....

We average going to two AIs per year, and have been to probably 15
different ones over the years. My feeling is:

Money given in appreciation of unusual or special service is a tip.

Money given in expectation of better future service is a bribe.

I do not bribe. I do occasionally tip for unusual or special
services.

Mike

LT wrote:
We're doing AIs in Cancun over Thanksgiving. What's the latst skinny on
tipping? Who to tip and how much? Also, do we need any Pesos or are
Dollars OK?
Thanks

LT

Personally, I think it is fine to "bribe." If you don't want to, you
certainly don't have to but it will be appreciated and will get you more
attentive service, all other things being equal. The employees at these
places make very little money and the price of living is expensive. I like
interacting with the employees, and if they are nice and friendly then my
wife and I like to make their lives just a little bit better. And by doing
so, most will try to make your life just a little bit better also.. What is
wrong with that?

You have paid for an all-inclusive vacation. Do whatever makes YOU feel
good. We budget for tipping.

We used to only tip on the back end of a trip but not anymore. It works
for us.

Enjoy your holiday.