Old November 20th, 2004, 04:11 PM
David E. Bath

In article ,
Mike H writes:
In a "perfect world", that would be OK... not my preference,
but OK... However I've seen a number of cases where the staff
starts expecting tips/bribes before performing expected services.
In the worst of cases, I've seen cases of staff "bending" the
rules for guests with a $5.00 in their hand. At one DR resort
you might not get a sailboat (even if reserved) if you didn't
have the right "tip" handy. That might be the extreme case,
but I have seen it....
Mike

Another thing to consider is that some AIs enforce the "no tipping"
rule so strongly that employees may be fired for accepting tips.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive