Old September 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
y_p_w

Default TRAVEL USA. L.A., Yosemite, Colorado

On Sep 6, 8:49 am, "
wrote:
Monterey is lovely and oozes with historic and architectural
interest. It also has what's probably the best aquarium on Earth.

I fealt utterly ripped off upon leaving that aquarium.....in
retrospect it does an excellent job of showing the local underwater
scene, but doesnt do a good job of much more....

That's the idea. They have one of the largest tanks in the world, and
right now they have their third great white shark. Find any other
aquarium in the world that can keep one alive for more than four
weeks. They were also the first aquarium I know of to have successful
jellyfish tanks. At this time, they have several exhibits of
freshwater otters from around the world.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium inspired the construction of the Aquarium of
the Pacific in Long Beach as well as the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.

A trip to Monterey is far more than the city, which is small and
limited. A complete trip would include the 17 Mile Drive in Pebble
Beach and Carmel By The Sea.

on the other hand, the Aquarium in Camden, NJ, holy smokes is that
place amazing....imho, anydiscussion fo best aquarium has to start
with camden....

of course, you may get shot, pimped, or assaulted by offers to buy
drugs going to camden, but if you are in philly, you can safely take
the ferry across......

Camden? Yeah.