Old February 4th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Ruchika

Default Bangkok or Hongkong

Kris wrote in message . ..
...and also the convenience too, HK after all is a little easier to
get around than BKK (wouldn't want to be dumped in the center of BKK
on my first-time visit for six hours and HAVE to get back to the
airport in time)

Kris

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:38:14 +0100, Kris wrote:

I agree with you Bangkok of course is more exciting than Hong Kong for
a short visit. However, given the very short time the original poster
will have and the arrival times, I'd go for Hong Kong.

Kris

I forgot to mention the arrival day .. its 22nd Jan and its a Sunday
... are Hongkong and Bangkok as crowded on Sundays as on weekdays? Are
some of these attractions closed on Sundays .. Or do these cities have
some special events on Sundays?
I am more interested in going to Bagkok and want to see "The Grand
Palace" .. read so many good reviews about it. Would it be possible to
see Grand Palace on Sunday in the amount of time I have in the city?
Will I have time left to see anything else? Does it make more sense to
take a city tour in Bangkok?
I understand that its very easy to get around in Hongkong but the
reason I am not very interested in going to Hongkong is because I have
lived in the US for 3 years. And am not sure how different Hongkong is
from the US? Am I wrong in thinking this way?