Old February 4th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Peter L

Default Bangkok or Hongkong

"Ruchika" wrote in message
m...
"Peter L" wrote in message

"Ruchika" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have to book a ticket to India and the two options that I have are
either to go thru Bangkok or thru Hongkong.. Thru Hongkong, there is a
stopover of 10 hrs in Hongkong and thru Bangkok the stopover is approx
7 hours.. If I were to go see the city, any suggestions on which
route would be better considering the amount of time I have to see the
city? Does anyone know if I'll need a visa to get out of the airport
at both these places? What places are worth visiting at these two
places?

What times of the day will you be getting into either cities? I think

that
has a major impact on which one.

Thanks.

Thanks for all the responses.

In Hongkong - my flight arrives at 6:30 am and leaves at 5:30 pm
In Bangkok - my flight arrives at 10:50 am and leaves at 8:00 pm

So, I'll have around 9 hrs to see Hongkong and 7 hours to see Bangkok.

I agree with other posters about HK. You arrive early enough to get into
town, and get up to the Peak for a breakfast. The city don't wake up until
about 11:00 am. So you can get back down from the Peak around lunch time
and walk around different parts. Get back to the airport by 4:00 or so.