Old August 28th, 2007, 05:18 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
auzerais

Default IATA bids farewell to paper tickets

On Aug 27, 6:23 pm, Brian wrote:
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:41:25 +0100, "Martin Sylvester"

wrote:
Might be wise, but not necessarily essential. I've travelled a few times
with a passport containing a post-it note bearing an e-ticket booking
reference copied from the PC screen.

Martin.

There have been a number of times when I've printed it out and then
someone at the airport has ignored it and reprinted it.

I have been without a printer for some years and previously I would
email my ticket to a friend to have it printed out for me. But for
the last several years, I just go to the airport, swipe my credit card
in the kiosk machine and it prints out my boarding pass. Never had to
show anything like an e-ticket I had printed out to anyone.