Old August 28th, 2007, 04:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Tom Peel[_5_]

Default IATA bids farewell to paper tickets

Martin Sylvester schrieb:
"Magda" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:56:56 +0200, in rec.travel.europe, Tom Peel

arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Alain Quai schrieb:
[...]
... Does this mean the end of air travel for someone who doesn't have a
... credit card and a PC?
[...]

You'll need a printer, too.

Might be wise, but not necessarily essential. I've travelled a few times
with a passport containing a post-it note bearing an e-ticket booking
reference copied from the PC screen.

Martin.

So do I. In fact, I just checkin at the Etix machine with my CC and
never bother printing out the booking confirmation. However, I do have a
PC and internet connection to make the booking, and I do have a credit
card which lets me pay for the Etix and identify myself at the machine.

My question was, if you have neither of these luxuries, can you still
fly as of next year?

T.