Old August 28th, 2007, 07:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
William Black

Default IATA bids farewell to paper tickets

"grusl" wrote in message

"William Black" wrote in message

Don't try it in India.

You can't get into the airport building without something printed...

The CISF is very proud of the fact that it had trained its troops to
recognize e-tickets at airports. Not so much now, but back in 2005 I was
getting a lot of nods and comments like. "Hmm, yes, that's an e-ticket you
have, sah."

Oh yes, a printed out e-ticket will get you in.

Although they do look a bit closer that they do at a ticket folder with a
major airline logo on the front.

And in early 2006 I had to have tickets couriered to me in the UK because at
that time they were still a bit uncertain how things were working out in
Bombay.

I was commenting on the chap who claims he turns up at airports with nothing
on paper.

The CISF are better than most Indian cops but saying 'It's on the web site,
they can log in and see' isn't going to work.

--
William Black

Time for tea.