Old December 13th, 2011, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air,misc.transport.air-industry
Robert Cohen

Default AMR Bankruptcy Cancels The Common Stock?

On Dec 9, 5:22*pm, John Levine wrote:
I would be astonished if AMR common ended up being worth more than
$0.00. *Bankrupt means your debts exceed your assets, and the common
stockholders come last in line after all of the debts and preferred stock
are paid off.

The real question is who is paying as much as 69 cents for it.

R's,
John
--
misc.travel.air-industry is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
, and seehttp://mtai.airinfo.aerofor the FAQ and policies.

Yes and no in my observation: bankrupts, especially in chapter 11, do
trade, it's another art for accountant heads to play

In some if not most bankruptcies---including apparently all of the
legacy airlines--they cancel the common: yes, and AMR will seemingly
do likewise.

believe it or not, there are shares nevertheless of some "cancelleds"
that are semi infintely traded as low as $0.0001 per share

there are almost a bazillion less than one dollar stocks, and it is
rumored (especially by the gops and apostate democrats) a few
companies on life support

some idiots (including a familiar if not peculiar semi un-handsome
poster) gamble in the cruddies