Old November 17th, 2006, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

Default Carnival Liberty

"Ermalee" wrote in message
. ..
Lots pf passengers and crew ill with flu-like symptoms on transatlantic
cruise.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061116/.../sick_cruise_1

Erm, it is probably something like I got when on the Conquest...I know there
is some virus going around on land as well as at sea. It starts with a sore
throat and a cough that won't quit. It is all over, at the university and
lab, Mike says everyone is coughing. No fever or other symptoms...it's just
that pesky cough that won't go away. Your throat stays irritated from all
the coughing.

Maybe now, Carnival will put up sanitizing stations at buffet and dining
room entrances. When I asked why they were not present on the Conquest, I
was told they thought hand washing was more effective...Sure, but how do you
get to get everyone to wash their hands? Some people are more likely to
use the sanitizing agent if it is right at the entrance than wash their
hands.

That sure is a long voyage to take while being ill or being around others
who are ill.

--Jean