Old September 10th, 2013, 12:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default on the subject of airports..

On 10.09.2013 12:32, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:24:13 +0200, Tom P wrote:

... for flights inside the Schengen area, is there now a some kind of
agreement that you don't need a passport or an official ID card?
I've noticed recently that on internal flights in Germany I never
needed to show anything other than a boarding card, but I hate dragging
my passport around for no good reason, and I'd hate to be refused
boarding just because I didn't have it with me.

In the Netherlands it is obligatory to carry valid ID at all times.

True in theory in Germany, but it's not as if you are going to get
arrested on the street.