Old May 27th, 2006, 11:37 AM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

Default Backpack recommendation for 3 month EuroTrip

For one, the young lad has size 15 feet so carrying 2 extra-pairs of shoes
(1 dress shoes and one hiking shoes) will take up room.
Plus. there's the electronics (digital camera, cellphone, battery charger,
ipod for storing extra photos, rechargable batteries, etc.) and travel book.

I found a 75 litre pack to be fine for myself, but with the extra stuff he
is carrying I figure he'll need 85 litres or more to be safe...

My pack (Without the stow away straps) got snagged and tore off on a
conveyor belt btw...

"Jim Ley" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 May 2006 23:31:29 GMT, "Scattershot@@@"
wrote:

-decent size (something between a minimum of 80 litres to a maximum of 100
litres capacity. We'd prefer something at 90 litres or higher if
possible).

90 litres to tour europe? what's he doing? That's a massive pack,
and I'd really recommend somehting smaller, I also don't really see
the point of stow away straps, my backpack has done 100 or so flights
and all sorts of other trips - it was the cheapest pack I could find
at the time, so it's certainly not high quality.

Jim.