Old May 29th, 2006, 07:38 AM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

Default Backpack recommendation for 3 month EuroTrip

I went to Europe for a few months a couple of years ago and I found my 80
litre bag was a bit snug so with the electronics and shoe size he has I
think he can use the extra space...

"Jim Ley" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 May 2006 10:37:34 GMT, "Scattershot@@@"
wrote:

For one, the young lad has size 15 feet so carrying 2 extra-pairs of shoes
(1 dress shoes and one hiking shoes) will take up room.
Plus. there's the electronics (digital camera, cellphone, battery charger,
ipod for storing extra photos, rechargable batteries, etc.) and travel
book.

I travel with 3 pairs of shoes - I've even carried my rollerblades
before now, I also carry a lot more electronics (everything above
except SLR camera with multiple lenses instead of a Point and Shoot
and a laptop, wireless router.) and lot more than one book, I
generally have around 5 on a longer trip.

Are you sure you're not packing too much other stuff?

Jim.