Old March 20th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Michael

Default Delta 767s

I've also heard that Delta uses the 777 on the Atlanta-Orlando route
to give long haul 777 pilots seat time. Apparently they need a
certain number of take-offs and landings before they can command the
big bird on a long haul flight. I live in Orlando, and fly Delta 8-10
times a year, and generally connect through Atlanta. I always try to
get the flight with the 777, but every time, they have had an
equipment substitution and I end up on one of these old 767-400's.
FWIW, I think ATL-MCO is a high density route only because so many
vacationers flying Delta connect in ATL.

Michael

On 15 Mar 2004 10:47:07 -0800, (jrk011)
wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message ...
We just booked a flight from BWI to Fort Myers Fl with Delta. The flight out
is 1593 and stops in Atlanta. The return is two different flights with the
change in Atlanta. What surprises me is that all four segments are on 767s.
Why would Delta use such a large plane on such short runs??

High occupancy on that particular route?

I've seen Delta using 777s on the Atlanta-Orlando stretch, which
is even shorter than Atlanta--Ft.Myers.

thanks
frank

Best, jrk