Old August 12th, 2008, 09:07 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Sapphyre

Default Tanzania

Hi,

I'm travelling to Tanzania next year (Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam). A
few things I'd like to know...

I'm Canadian and need a visa. Can I get that at the airport upon
arrival? What about Kenya? I have to transit Nairobi on Swiss Air to
get to Dar es Salaam.

Can someone inform me on the currency regulations that are in place? I
read that you cannot export more than $1000 USD, but what if you're
bringing more than that in? Tanzania is actually my first stop on a
three week holiday and I do anticipate I will need more than $1000 for
the duration. I won't have had a good chance to spend a big portion of
it on my first stop. Would travellers checks be a way around their
export regulation? And is there a way to legally take in and out more
than $1000? I'm thinking I need $2500 to $3000.

Thanks in advance,
S.