Old January 13th, 2007, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
gtr

Default Travel Length of Vietnam

On 2007-01-13 08:38:02 -0800, "Sharkbait" said:

A couple years ago, we hired a driver and van to tour the Mekong delta
region and southwest coast of Vietnam. There were several of us and I
never did learn what the cost per day for car, fuel, and driver worked
out to be. I want to think it was probably around $40/day, since native
relatives did the negotiating for the car and driver. Does this sound
right? Last year, we paid nearly $60 a day for a driver and car in
Yunnan, China.

My wife and I are contemplating a trip from Ha Noi to Ho Chi Minh of
three weeks and would like to do this by hired car and driver. We are
open to starting our journey from either city if there is a significant
difference in cost.

No answers, but many questions: Do you speak any Vietnamese. Would
that be necessary. I've acquired a fondness for many things Vietnamese
living near "Little Saigon" in Orange County, California. I wonder how
difficult it would be to navigate the home country...
--
Thank you and have a nice day.