Old January 14th, 2007, 08:43 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon

Default Travel Length of Vietnam

In article I%vqh.667899$R63.347440@pd7urf1no, Michael Sherman/msphoto
says...
One thing you should be aware of is that the roads in Vietnam (including the
main north south highway) are pretty grim with lots of potholes,
construction and congestion. Internal flights are plentiful, inexpensive and
on modern equipment. That way you could spend more of your time seing what
you want to see rather than bouncing around being uncomfortable and carsick
for 50 bucks a day. Check out my Vietnam pix at
http://www.msphoto.ca/Vietnam.htm

Yes, flights are cheap and are the best option to cover large distances.
But the roads are not too bad. While I was there in December there was a
lot of construction going on around Saigon - I would expect the road to
be pretty good in a year or so.
The road from Hoi An to My Son and to Hue is good (I did the trip by car
in December).
--

Alfred Molon