Old August 7th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Fly Guy

mrtravel wrote:

I meant "accidents are NOT always someone's fault"

Here's what happened.

The pilots took too long to plant the plane on the runway.

Soon after touchdown, they attempted to take off, but only got as far
as a brief reving of the engines. Perhaps someone pulled rank in the
cockpit and nixed the idea of taking off.

Now they were comitted to stopping the plane. Maybe they screwed up
and didn't deploy the thrust reversers, or spoilers, maybe they turned
off the ABS by mistake. They were doing 150 (kph or mph) when they
ran out of runway. We know what happened next.

Because there was (apparently) no video recording of the approach and
landing, we don't know exactly where the plane touched down, or if an
up-draft caused it to touch down too late, or if it was hit by
lightning during the approach.