Old October 9th, 2007, 01:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

Default Insurance

I used to do likewise years ago until I gave it some thought & although my
medical insurance covers me even out of the country it doesn't provide
coverage for evacuation from the ship- I wouldn't care to estimate how much
it would be compared to the insurance premium.
Try going to http://www.csatravelprotection.com/ - If you enter zero for the
total trip cost you get a price which might surprise you with the low cost
for basic coverage. Another good web site is http://www.insuremytrip.com/

"Dory Samuels" wrote in message
We never bothered with insurance as all our past cruises (22) have been
in the caribbean and we have been in good health. However we booked a
transatlantic for next April and decided to take the insurance that was
offered. Now I realize I don't really know what this covers and I will
check with our travel agent. He explained it to me but I wasn't paying
a lot of attention at the time. We are now going to book another long
and expensive cruise starting in Barcelona and will be taking out
insurance. Where do you experienced cruisers go for your insurance? We
are (thankfully) still in good health but at 67 & 74 anything could
happen. So we would want medical and trip cancellation/return home.
Where do I start or do I just go along with the travel agents advice?

~~DORY~~