Old September 27th, 2009, 08:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
JamesStep

Default Cashing Travellers checks in USA

Do banks, Hotels, Restaurants etc, charge a fee for cashing US
Travellers cheques.???

I don't think stores ever charged me a fee when I used cheques to pay
for purchases years ago; they treated them like cash. I never tried
just cashing them in a bank so I don't know if they charge a fee.

But they are rarely used anymore due to the popularity of credit
cards. Last time I used traveler's cheques (maybe 10 years ago) I
found that many clerks had never seen them before.

James