Old October 25th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Dan Stephenson

In article , Alan Strassberg
wrote:

Going to Sicily next week - have about 10 days...What's a must ?

Cefalu', Taormina, Syracruse ?
Aeolian Islands ?

I'm looking for nice villages, beach relaxation, local markets,
views.

Car needed ? Rent there ok ?

alan

I just returned from two weeks in Sicily.

There are many hilltop towns in central Sicily you might like. Also,
in the far west is Erice.

There are local markets in Palermo.

I found the best "view" to be from Erice, but that overall the "views"
were not as stunning as I had hoped them to be. I expected Crete and
instead got a mountainous West Texas.

For what it's worth, when I go back I'm definitely going to spend more
time in Syracuse, and see more of the top of Mount Etna. And visit the
islands, which I missed out on altogether.

--
Dan Stephenson
Photos and movies from US Parks and all over Europe: