Old November 11th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:18:36 -0800, Go Fig wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:19:29 GMT, FF wrote:

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:39:25 +0100, wrote:

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:43:33 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/09/in...europe/09dutch.
html?oref
=login

November 9, 2004

Dutch Muslim School Bombed; Link to Killing Suspected

By CRAIG S. SMITH

"EINDHOVEN, the Netherlands, Nov. 8 - A bomb damaged a Muslim elementary
school here before dawn on Monday, in what the authorities say they
believe
was intended as an act of revenge for the killing of a Dutch filmmaker
last
week.

No one was wounded in the attack, in which a medium-sized bomb exploded
outside the Tarieq Ibnu Zyad Islamic school.

The damage looked like it had been caused by a very small sized bomb.

I was wondering about that. I've been following the news in
http://www.telegraaf.nl/ and I can imagine the Dutch people being a lot
more aware of what has been lost than the brits would be, but I just
couldn't imagine them totalling a school!

From what I have seen on Dutch TV, much more serious has been the
arson attacks on about a dozen Muslim mosques and schools plus three
on Christian churches.

Boobytrapping apartment buildings and chucking hand grenades is not a
more serous threat ?

I referred to the small explosion that damaged a door and broke the
windows. Burning down schools is more serious than that.

I guess I place a much higher value to human life than on property...

This is what I'm referring to:

Dutch police hit by siege grenade
AFP
November 12, 2004

THE HAGUE: Four police were injured when suspected Muslim extremists
threw a hand grenade at them during a 14-hour siege in The Netherlands
yesterday.

Hundreds of police and security forces descended on The Hague after a
pre-dawn raid on an apartment in a central working-class district ended
in a shootout.

Residents said that when police sent in a negotiator, one suspect
shouted: "I'm going to behead you."

Chucking hands grenades at humans is a deliberate attempt to murder,
property damage to schools does not compare, its closer to an act of
protest.

jay
Thu Nov 11, 2004

It's only 3 weeks since kids, I assume, blew the back off our nearest,
steel, post box with a bang that rattled the windows, this wasn't even
mentioned in the local paper. If somebody had been near it could have
maimed them.