Old February 21st, 2007, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

Default Bicycle helmets Are they mandatory in Europe?

wrote:

Here in Canada it is mandatory to wear a bicycle helmet. (only when
riding a bike of course).

Is this the case in the European countries?

Do different countries have different requirements?

I always wear one when riding in Canada but for the very limited
riding we will do in Europe, they are a bit of a large item to carry
in my luggage.

Forget the legal requirements, and think about your personal
well-being. Wear one. If you are hiring a bike, you can probably hire
a helmet. If you don't care to, or none is available for hire, buy
one. When you are finished, find a bare-headed kid on a bike and give
it to him or her.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED